[Neo] Fwd: Neo2 für YogiType

Dominik Grauert dominik at grauert.net
Sa Jan 4 22:16:21 CET 2014

Moin Moin! ...und ein frohes neues Jahr!

Es gibt Neuigkeiten. Der Hersteller der YogiType hat sich mit ein paar Fragen und einem Entwurf (im Anhang: xlsx) gemeldet.

Einerseits schlägt er vor die YogiType compatibel zu dem Standard Neo2 Treiber zu gestalten. Andererseits fragt er an ob community-seitig sonst ein Neo2-Yogi-Treiber zur Verfügung gestellt werden könnte.

Wie ist Eure Meinung dazu?

Viele Grüße!
Dominik

Meine Nachricht an Hans:

Hello Hans,

Yes, English is fine. Thanks for your response. I'll forward it to the Neo2 community, too.

I like your idea of let it working with the standard neo driver. I just wonder if than some often needed buttons will be hardly available. That happened once to me with my Netbook, were the "ü" was relocated by the manufacturer to the "f12" place over the 0 behause of to less buttons for a German keyboard. That made it hard for me to type with the standard neo driver, as you can imagine.

Of course I'll ask the community if a YogiType specific driver is possible, too.

As I understand it, all 6 layers of the neo layout are defined in the 'standard' that I sent you as a link. Here is it again. This is the standard reference of the Neo2 based on a normal qwertz PC keyboard including all layers and all used symbols:
http://wiki.neo-layout.org/browser/A-REFERENZ-A/neo20.txt?format=raw

I hope you'll find it useful.

It would be great, if on your changeable YogiType display layout all 6 layers can be found, as it is done like for example in this PDF:
http://neo-layout.org/grafik/aufsteller/neo20-aufsteller.pdf
This would be helpfull for learning and refinding rarely used symbols.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Dominik

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail: